3.06.2012

Updates, and some randomness

I finished 15 bags for Craft Hope.  I plan to have them in the mail this week.  I made as many as I was able with the fabric I already had on hand.  I have plenty more fabric, but wanted these to be more "fun" because they will be used by kids.





A friend purchased fabric to make a cute little peasant dress for her daughter.  She found the pattern/tutorial free online.  She was going to have one of the grandma's make the dress, but I offered.  I figure it's a fair trade since she bathes my dog for me so I don't have to, and also clips his nails. ;)
PJ was none too pleased to be a model. ;)
I made a cute little matching headband as well out of the scraps that were left over.
The finished product on the recipient. :)  Isn't she adorable?  It was tough getting a clear shot because she wouldn't stop moving. ;)

Tim and I made our first trip to IKEA.  It will not be our last!  If nothing else, we have to go back for the swedish meatballs. ;)  We purchased a couple of bookcases... a large one for the toy room that houses my crafting supplies and fabric, and another small one for our bedroom to hold sheets and (eventually) a bit of baby stuff.  We'll be going back in the next couple of months to pick up a new crib.  Our crib is about 17 years old and has been used by ALL of our kids, as well as one of my cousin's kids.  It's a drop-side, so we won't be able to sell it, but we do have plans to repurpose it. ;)
One of my favorite purchases!  No more scattering of kids dirty clothes all over my living room!  The best part?  I don't even have to remind them to use it!! :)

For the first time in a LONG time I'm beginning to feel as though I have a handle on things as far as housekeeping goes.  I am making lists every night, and do a fairly good job of crossing everything off by the end of the next day.  All this progress is working up to making a master schedule for the entire household.  Another project I'm working on involves our meal planning/grocery shopping.  It's all a work in progress.  Check back with me in about 5 years to see if I've got it done. ;)

We once again made some modifications to school schedules/expectations.  All seems to be moving along well at this point.  Some days are easier than others.  We also see some areas that are in desperate need of improvement, but just like with my household plan, they will work out in time.  Alex and Chase will have their Peabody Tests again next month (can it possibly be that time again!?)  Tim and I will also have the opportunity to attend the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) mid-April.  We are looking forward to our first visit to the Convention, and hope to come away with even more great ideas we can implement in our own school. :)  We also hope it will be a time of relaxation and rejuvenation for us as a couple.

I've been so thankful for the mild winter.  It's allowed the kids to get outside a bit more frequently than is typically possible.  I still see the signs of "cabin fever" setting in, and will be so glad when they are able to get out even more - as will they!!

I feel as though I'd like to blog more frequently.  I guess I'm just not always certain what to blog about.  I don't want to bore my readers (all 3 of them.  lol), but I also feel like waiting too long between posts results in these longer posts that are maybe more difficult to handle?  I guess that is one of my goals for the foreseeable future - to blog more frequently, even if there are no pictures and the posts are short.  We'll see how that all goes. ;)

Leaving you with a giggle...
Actual signage in our local grocery store (Thanks, Cindy, for pointing this out *grin*).  Upon my THIRD visit I mentioned it to one of the produce guys.  I asked him just exactly what a PINE apple was.  The very next week, the sign was changed. LOL
A pine tree that produced apples might actually be nice!  Tim pointed out that it would make decorating at Christmas a lot easier... the decorations are "pre-hung", you'd just have to add lights.  ;)  If I ever see a Pine Apple Tree I'll be sure to take a picture!

1 comment:

Karri said...

WOW! Those bags look awesome! You've done a lot of work, my dear.

LOL @ the sign.